- Who cares about Monday – USC Football starts this month. Bring it on.
- Vicki and the kids are leaving this morning for a fun filled frivolity-packed week at Lake Lure, NC. So that means I’m a bachelor this week. "But Rick, why don’t you go with them?" Glad you asked – it’ll be quiet and busy here, and I’ll use the time wisely to (1) get lots of work done and (2) see some movies no one else is interested in. Actually, since my wife’s a teacher and they all have the summers off, there’s usually the summer vacation trip for all of us (this year it was to Orlando, and we’ll be going back this fall), and then there’s a week to Lake Lure and a week at the beach in Garden City, SC. My mom-in-law has the two places, mountains and beach, so they take advantage for extended retreats. It’s good for them to break the monotony, and I do occasionally get to grab a couple of days with them, too.
- Today’s the day I pick up my iPhone. I’ve read horror stories on the internet about lines and waiting, but this one’s been pre-ordered and we got the call yesterday that it was in and waiting. I’m hoping my next post here will be from the Typepad app, if I can figure out how to turn the dang thing on.
- So – movies? I’m probably going to catch THE DARK KNIGHT one more time with a friend from work. If not, I want to see HANCOCK and THE INCREDIBLE HULK while still in theaters, because I don’t think DVD/TV will do either of them justice. They didn’t get glowing reviews as it is, so if I’m going to see them, might as well be with a large butter popcorn.
- And reading – with no Disney Channel or Nickelodeon on the TV all week, I hope to finish a couple of books and post some review-ish type thoughts here.
- And writing – with everyone gone, it’s as good a time as any to get some working thoughts down for "writing" that might lead to something/anything in the future.
That’s my Monday – how’s yours looking?