Tagged by Blake, who needs "professional development" to compensate for the extra time he apparently has on his hands.
Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2008 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
- Pick 3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
- For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/01/08).
- Post the above directions along with your 3 goals on your blog.
- Title your post Professional Development Meme and link back/trackback to http://emilywithaheart.com/2008/05/29/pdmeme.
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme.
- Tag 5 others to participate in the meme.
- Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
Then I’m supposed to give my “professional goals”:
- Finish work-travel and associated tasks in order to not have to travel for the rest of 2008, thereby adding more enjoyment to my "professional development"
- Work on technical writing curriculum, finish two of the courses/books before the end of this exercise
- Develop better writing habit at home for "future endeavors" as part of my two-years-left-on-the-three-year-plan plan, measuring by actual work done and words written – looking for 50,000 words by end of this exercise
Now tagging the first five people passing by my blog. You know who you are – leave a comment with a link back to your site and I’ll return the love.