I keep a pretty decent feed-reader backlog going (420 feeds can be a bit overwhelming sometimes), and I try to "share" them in the sidebar on this site if I have been impacted by good prose, a funny story, or whatever tickles my selective fancy that day. Here are some that have been really good this week, this morning – I know I skimmed over alot of good writing, but these stood out as well-written, timely and meaningful:
- Emerging Pensees, "Tip for the Week: Leave a Big One"
Tipping is one of those character things that I pay attention to, with how one serves the server being a reflection of personality and priority, I think.
- Loud Time, "Is the ‘Friend’ of My Internet Social Utility My ‘Friend’?"
I’ve got another post building on this one, because I like what Facebook and Twitter bring into my own social circle.
- Flowerdust.net, "Lessons in Marital Communication"
- Greenbeans, "I Gotcha Where I Wantcha…"
That story is still scary, isn’t it? Or is it just me?
- soupablog, "moleskine sketch: soap turtles"
- Julie Unplugged, "Keith Olbermann’s special comment"
I thought the commentary was heartfelt and well-spoken, even if I don’t always agree with KO.
- Jaybrams.com, "Chewing on Love"
- onehandclapping, "Rumors and Lies"
"Rejecting the Bible"? Not hardly.
- Tony Jones, "Why Is Liberal Christianity So Boring?"
Just scratching the other side of the political/religious/cultural itch with this one, aren’t we?